DUCT SEAL PUTTY
DocumentationLiterature.pdfMSDS.pdf** If you experience an issue opening the above files. Please "Right-Click" and choose "Save As", then use the appropriate application to open the file. There are known issues with MS-Explorer and their plug-in manager.
|79511||5 lb Pack||Pack||10 Packs||50 lbs||12" x 12" x 9.5"|
|79526||1 lb Pack||Each||50 Packs||50 lbs||12" x 12" x 9.5"|
ApplicationsUse DUCT SEAL PUTTY to seal:
- Duct work
- Electrical boxes
- Service entries
- Service mast conduits
- DUCT SEAL PUTTY is an asbestos free sealer. It is gray, permanently soft, non-toxic compound which will adhere to most clean dry surfaces. Will not adversely affect other plastic materials or corrode metals. DUCT SEAL PUTTY is safe to use on, and will not harm, polyethylene sheath cable. It also has no adverse effect to human skin.
- DUCT SEAL PUTTY is used primarily by the building, telecom, and by the electrical trade to seal around service entries, manholes, electrical boxes, flashings, and service mast conduits, etc. It can be shaped by hand to any form and reused if necessary. DUCT SEAL PUTTY has countless other applications in the metal fabrication fields as well as being an excellent general purpose sealant for the telecom and utility industries.
- DUCT SEAL PUTTY may be painted immediately after application and will not bleed through the dry paint.
- DUCT SEAL PUTTY has a flash point of 590 degrees F (310 degrees C) and a dielectric strength of 100 Volts/mil. Also has excellent resistance to water, alcohols, mild acids, and bases. UL Classified.
Features & Benefits
|Non-irritant||No irritation to eyes or skin|
|Chemical resistance||Excellent resistance to water, alcohols, mild acids, and bases|
|Dielectric strength||100 Volts/mil|
- MATERIAL PROPERTIES AT (77F°/25°C)
Specific Gravity: 1.65 to 1.7 (ASTM D71-72)
Cone Penetration @ 77°F(25°C): 100-115 mm/10 (ASTM D217-52T)
Temperature Usage Range: 25°F(-4°C) to +120°F(49°C) Recommended
Temperature Tolerance Range: -30°F(-34°C) to +175°F(79°C) - Will not slump at +275°F(135°C)
Resistivity @ 100 Volts at 212°F(100°C): 4.8 x 109 ohm.cm (ASME power test code of 1965, section 4.05)
Resistivity @ 100 Volts at 239F°(115°C): 4.8 x 1010 ohm.cm (ASME power test code of 1965, section 4.05)
Dielectric Strength: 100 Volts/mil (ASTM D149-64)
Contact InformationRAINBOW TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
261 Cahaba Valley Pkwy
Pelham, AL 35124
Back to top
Rainbow Technology offers a comprehensive line of products to the utility and telecommunications industries. Users of DUCT SEAL PUTTY often find these other Rainbow products helpful too.
A barely visible, clear RTV silicone sealant in a convenient pressurized package. Designed to provide a wide range of sealing, bonding, protecting, and waterproofing applications. Excellent alternative to messy tubes. Temperature range: -60° F to 400° F. Dispenses a consistent uniform bead.
Other Related Products
- DUCT SEALING FOAM, Q-PAK 2000
DUCT SEALING KIT (SINGLE BARREL)
SEALER, FIRESTOP (8 OZ)
FIRE-RETARDANT DUCT SEALING KIT